Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Rebranding Ted Guu Photo - 4 years in the making

It's been quite a journey since I've started 'everythingsphoto', almost 4 years ago. My photographic passion and a little bit of G.A.S had propelled me to write all sorts of reviews on digital gear. Not long after, companies have been pumping out new cameras almost every minute rendering me out of steam after long nights of writing and blogging. Since then, I've decided to cut down my site (canonupdate.blogspot.com - now Ted Guu Photo), reviewing and updating just on Canon gear, the one I'm most familiar with. Few months after waiting for new Canon gear to come out, Fuji came back unexpectedly with the X100, which had caught me right away to start a new site - fujixupdate.blogspot.com . Within days of searching the web and talking to film camera enthusiasts, film photography struck me and had changed the blog to what it is now - Ted Guu Photo.

As I've always been in love with photography, cameras and traveling, I'd transformed my old site into what it is today - Ted Guu Photo. For me, this blog is one important way to showcase my photographs during my travels and to share my love of vintage and classic cameras to the photographic loving community. With time not being on my side recently, the site became quite quiet so I decided to move on to build a new portfolio site on tumblr - tedguuphoto.tumblr.com. As things have changed over there on tumblr, so does this blog. So, with me back on track, continuing to write camera reviews as usual, I've made some design changes to the old Ted Guu Photo.

The new logo, inspired by the handwriting of my father, provokes a sense of fluidity which the old logo lacks. I feel that photography needs to flow, like art and anything else does. It cannot be constrained within a border, or in the case of the old logo, a circle. Below are some samples of the newly rebranded logo, typeface and themes for the new Ted Guu Photo. Enjoy!










No comments:

Post a Comment